19 Weeks

 I'm feeling pretty good lately, just the usual fatigue. I often think back on my all-afternoon naps that I took when I was pregnant with C.orben. Those were amazing! Luckily though I've had a few bursts of energy and actually did a little cleaning and laundry this week. I also managed a trip to the store to get some new maternity skinny jeans. I wasn't able to find exactly what I was looking for, but I think I'll be happy with my purchase. I must say I think my butt looks amazing in them, haha. Hopefully the energy sticks around because I signed C up for a weekly story time at the library that you actually have to register for because they only have a certain amount of spots available. I also joined a mom meetup group and have committed to some activities. 

I'm only up  4 lbs so far, although my wedding ring is getting tight :(.   I'm so happy because by this point with C I was up freaking 20 lbs! Yes, you will hear a pregnancy long comparison of my weight gain because I'm determined to do better this time. It was hard getting 50 lbs off.

I have been having a lot of anxiety though. I often wake up in the morning with panic attacks. With both this pregnancy and the last I have an anterior placenta. It never impacted my pregnancy with C though and I started feeling flutters at 13 weeks and full on, all day, kicks on the outside by 18 weeks. With Quinn I started feeling flutters at 13 weeks as well, and since then I've felt a few rolls and stronger movement, but it's honestly been awhile since I've felt anything more than flutters. These days I usually only feel the flutters a few times a day. I know it's because of my anterior placenta because I only feel her on the sides and way down low... basically anywhere where my placenta is not. During every ultrasound they always comment on how active she is and I always hear a strong, fast heartbeat on my doppler at home. That doesn't stop me from worrying though. Losing my last baby really did a number on me. My mind runs with thoughts that something must be wrong with Quinn and that things aren't going to end well. I just really want to feel regular, strong movement for my own peace of mind. Deep breath. It will come, I just need to remain prayerful and patient.

In news from Battle of the Middle Name, we have picked a name! I think taking the advice to pray on it really helped us come up with it. I'll announce it after a few days when I'm sure the husband isn't going to change his mind... again.

* I know I said that I probably wasn't going to keep doing this updates every week; I don't want to bore everyone. I think I'm going to do at least a picture and a little update weekly. I really enjoyed documenting everything with Cor.ben and having the ability to go back and read details of my pregnancy with him.


1 comment:

Brittney said...

Congrats on reaching 19 weeks - you are nearly halfway there!:)

Good for you with signing up for storytime and a Mommy group. We do both and love them! They are John's and my special weekly times together;) I've been amazed how much he especially loves the storytime mornings - the books are great and he really loves seeing the other kids!

Can't wait to hear the middle name you've come up with - SO exciting!! On a side note I'll be praying for you with the anxiety you've been experiencing..so sorry to hear that..praying God gives you an abiding peace about things throughout the rest of your pregnancy.