The Final Countdown

I'm so full of emotion right now and I don't even know if I'll be able to articulate what I'm feeling and if I can do it in a way that will make sense.

2 days.

2 days until my second child is born.

I feel the emotion welling and increasing inside of me and in still moments I have to fight not to cry. I'm trying to fill every moment with getting things done, so I can't think. Tomorrow morning is my last NST and then I need to clean my bathrooms and make sure all of the last minute details are taken care of. Tuesday is my last doctor's appointment and also when I find out if I'll be admitted to the hospital that night or the next morning. Wednesday my daughter will be born. Whewwwwww.

I'm so anxious to meet Quinn. I can't wait to hold her, kiss her, and tell her how happy I am that she's here. I'm also worried that Cor.ben's feelings will be hurt or that he'll feel replaced. I want to make sure that he knows that I love him still so very very much. I worry about the exhaustion that is to come and I hope that it won't keep me from being a good mother, a patient mother, to both of my children. I worry about not being the same kind of mother to two kids that I am to Co.rben now. Am I equipped to be a mother of two? Have I made a poor decision? I hope that it is a smooth transition. 

Then of course I worry about the birth. I'm scared. I've already talked about the importance of a VBAC to me, so I won't go there again. I just hope I get to experience everything that my heart desires. I hope everything goes well and that Quinn is healthy. I imagine myself walking through the doors of L&D and I just hope I can hold it together and not turn into an embarrassing, blubbering mess. I am also so sad about being away from C.orben. I don't want to be away from him. I'm worrying about every single aspect of this.

2 days. Wow.


 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Try to relax, hun. You are going to do great! Being a mom of two isn't easy, but you'll rock it!

Has Cor.ben been around any other babies? Vivienne has had some new ones at daycare and she loves them so much, it makes me feel a little better about how she'll react to her new brother.

Jennifer said...

Thanks Marjorie. Yes, C has been around other babies and LOVES them, which does make me feel better. Hopefully that baby love doesn't wear off once he realizes that this baby will be around all the time. How are you doing?