Adventures in Nipple Cream

"Babe, you're leaking breast milk."

"No I'm not. Those are just nipple cream stains."

That's a conversation I never thought I would have. I don't know why they don't put a big fat warning on the tube, but I learned the hard way that Lanolin leaves greasy stains on your clothes if you don't protect them. Oh and by the way these stains are a pain to get out. I, of course, didn't know any of this and several of my pajamas were sporting big circular grease stains. So sexy. Instead of doing the smart thing and researching how to best get the stains out, I naively assumed they would come out in the wash. Wrong! And apparently drying Lanolin stains is the worst thing you can do. 

Never fear though if you happen to be as moronic as me. I have the solution on how to get the stains out. Get some original blue Dawn dishwashing soap and apply it to the stain, rub it in really well, and then allow it to sit for a few days (the first time I did this I only let it sit for 12 hours and it improved the stain, but didn't completely remove it). Then wash and dry as usual, repeat if necessary. You're welcome. If you happen to be reading this pre-nipple cream application... nursing pads are your friend; use them.


 

1 comment:

Miz Flow said...

Best blog entry title ever