Coffee Revolution
I am a coffee addict. I could drink it all day long if it wasn't so bad for you, but as it is right now I have about 2-4 cups a day. In line with my desire to eat healthier and more naturally-- and lose the 6 lbs of pregnancy weight I have left, which is all sitting on my stomach... UGH!-- I've been looking into clean eating (here's a great resources that also has tons of recipes). The biggest obstacle I knew I would face is sweetening my coffee. Awhile back I switched from flavored coffee creamer to half & half and sugar. I knew I needed to make changes, but couldn't imagine enjoying my coffee unless it had sugar in it. However, I did some research into some healthier options and tried them out. I'm amazed! I personally prefer my coffee on the sweeter creamier side, so what follows suits that and I like it so much better than my drug of choice... Starbucks Cafe Mocha. It could easily be tweaked to be stronger and more traditional if preferred.

Put a small dollop of honey at the bottom of your coffee mug, add a splash of half & half, pour in your coffee, add a dash of cinnamon, stir, then top with whipped cream. Obviously it would be best to leave out the whipped cream, but to me it really makes it seem like such a treat. Eventually I'll try leaving out the half & half or the whipped cream. If you're trying to cut refined sugar out of your diet and are a coffee addict like me I definitely recommend try replacing it with honey. I was so pleasantly surprised!
2 comments:
Mmm..sounds AMAZING. I miss coffee more than anything! (I quit cold turkey for this pregnancy)..enjoy your delicious treat!!
Oh my gosh I have soooo been there! I am a coffee freak and kicked the splenda habit a while ago. I looked high and low for a substitute, read lots of articles, picked a few brains, and tried out several products. Yeah it was a journey for sure but I finally found something clean friendly that worked for me! I use liquid vanilla stevia and a tiny bit of sugar to kill the stevia flavor. Looks like you found something that works for you too!
Best luck on your clean eating! I love how simple and yummy clean eating can be!
Kendra :o)
Post a Comment