Post-Baby Body

There's no need to beat around the bush. Despite my fear of saying it out loud, I'm going to just jump right in... I'm disgusted with my post-baby body. My entire life I have been a very thin person. In fact I have had problems with being UNDER-weight and had to fight to keep the pounds on. It really became a self-esteem issue for me as I got made fun of a lot and people called a lot of attention to my weight. No one wants to feel like they stick out from the crowd for any reason. The past few years I finally got to my ideal weight and I was so happy! I really thought that after I had my baby that I wouldn't have any problem getting back down to my normal size. However, the past few months I have been absolutely stuck at my current weight. I know that I don't look horrible and I don't think I could be called overweight, but I definitely need to "tighten up". Most of all, I just really want to feel good about myself and not have to do things to conceal the belly (to be able to leave the house without feeling like a self-conscious mess I wear a spanx like garment and loose shirts). I really can't complain too much because as miserable as I feel I haven't been exercising and I've been eating horribly. To give myself a tiny excuse, with my current lupus flare I can't do intense exercise, but then again I haven't been doing anything!

So I've finally decided that I've had enough! I'm going to start eating healthy and exercising! I've been saying this in my head for awhile and then I don't do anything about it, so I decided what I need to do is call myself out and put myself on the spot. So, here I am! I'm exposing myself and making a publ
ic commitment to better myself. Once again I would like to reiterate I realize that I don't look awful. I'm just doing this to be healthy and to feel good about myself again. I'm going to post a pre-pregnancy picture, and pictures of me in my wanna-be spanx, and without anything. My pre-pregnancy weight was 110 and I'm now 135. I'm thinking that I would like to get down to about 115- 120. So, I would like to lose around 10-15 lbs. I'm going to weigh myself once a week and post my progress. If anyone would like to join me I would love the support!

"Spanx"
*Pardon the under-eye circles I was up late studying*

No "Spanx"

Pre-pregnancy

One more. Just because I miss my old self so much.

Okay, okay... since you asked for it... one more. Haha!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think you are so brave to call yourself out like that. I am struggling with a similar battle. Since my wedding 1 1/2 years ago I have gained 30 pounds, most of it in the last year. I am so disgusted with my body right now and in my head I keep telling myself "eat better, go to the gym", but the reality is my eating habits could be much better and I can't seem to drag myself to the gym.

I really want to get back to my "wedding weight". Currently I'm the heaviest I've ever weighed and I know I need to do something. Your post has inspired me to do the same thing. Maybe if I call myself out it will motivate me to get my butt in gear.

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much for your comment Sarah and for your support. I felt really nervous about this post and that I would get either no responses or a mean response. It's so hard to change your lifestyle, especially when being unhealthy is so easy and feels so good (at the time). I wish us both success in getting back on track :)