Solids already?!

At our 4 month doctors appointment yesterday she said that C is ready to start solids. She said to start with rice cereal and if he does well with that we can add in baby food at one new food every three days. This totally freaked me out at first. My baby is growing up so fast! But now I'm just a little excited. I just need to do some more reading and find out how this will change how many bottles he gets, how this will change how often he eats, and how many bottle feedings I do vs solid food feedings. I know that for the first little while I'll just do one rice cereal feeding a day, but I'm all about research and trying to be as informed as possible ahead of time. WOW! I thought I had 2 more months before I had to worry about this stuff! He had his 1st rice cereal feeding tonight and he did so much better than I thought he would. He actually opened his mouth for the spoon and ate a good portion of the cereal. He still obviously needs to get the hang of it as he did spit some of it out of his mouth. It was funny though, on some of the feedings he would hold it in his mouth for a few seconds to decide what he wanted to do with it. This is crazy!

Here we go!
"Hmm I don't know what I think about this."
"Okay, I think I might like it."
"Yup, I do like it!"
"I really, really do!"

2 comments:

KC said...

Adorable!

Unknown said...

SOLIDS ALREADY?! I'd be feeling a mixture of excitement and sadness, too!
He's so darn cute.
Thankyou for the kind comment on my blog today- I kid you not, it made me tear up.